Sunday, February 2, 2014

Insanity

Well, there was that little miserable race last September that needs recording in the annals of history on this little corner of the internet.

Ran the Oregon Marathon and got my worst time ever.  It wasn't because of the torrential downpour the entire time or the lack of course support, tho' those factors didn't help.  I definitely didn't train up as well as I should have.   I think I lost my respect for the distance somewhere along the line.

I'm starting this year working on building strength and speed.   I'm into "month two" of the Insanity program.   This is a home workout video.  It's a kick in the pants to do it with the kids.  Several times the whole family has gotten into it (except for one or two kids who sit on the couch and watch.  What the ...?!?!?) -- Miles even kicks up his feet for high knees, raises his hands for jumping jacks, and crouches on the floor like he's Tough Stuff doing "push ups".  If nothing else, it's a good influence on the kids.  It's particularly effective for "getting the lead out" in the late afternoon.  They fight less when they're pooped.  So, I've got huge muscles now and as soon as I get my gumption up, I'll hit the track for sprints or whatever.  Is the plan.

Race schedule for this year is the Luckython (maybe, not for sure) and a 1/2 marathon in Utah in July (probably).   Is my commitment super obvious?

No comments:

Post a Comment